Hotel de Chailly
These General Terms and Conditions of Business ("GTCB") apply to the provision of hotel rooms for the accommodation of guests and to all other related services and deliveries of the Hotel de Chailly (hereinafter referred to as "the Hotel").
The customer's general terms and conditions of business do not apply.
The General Terms and Conditions are also available in English. In the event of any discrepancies, the French version shall prevail.
Without a deposit, an individual reservation is not valid. If the room is guaranteed, your reservation will be maintained the entire night.
The following are considered as guarantees for a room reservation
- credit card (Visa, Mastercard, JCB, CUP)
- prepayment of an overnight stay, e.g. by bank transfer
- a written guarantee from a company registered in Switzerland.
A booking offer for a group is expressly designated as such and must be returned signed by the customer to the hotel. All offers are valid for 7 days (acceptance period). An offer, price list or any other similar document submitted by a hotel does not constitute a definitive offer.
The Hotel expressly reserves the right, during the period of acceptance of a group reservation offer and after its expiry, to reoffer the room for reservation. In the event of a new request, the new offer may differ from the first.
3. Services and prices
The customer may not request that a specific room be made available to him/her. However, the hotel undertakes to offer a room of the category reserved. If, on the guest's arrival, no room corresponding to the one reserved is available for unforeseen reasons, the guest will be accommodated in a room of the immediate higher category. If no room is available in the hotel, the hotel will find the guest at least equivalent accommodation in another hotel. In addition, the hotel will pay for return transport with luggage and a 3-minute international telephone call so that the customer can communicate his or her new address.
The customer is obliged to pay the agreed or applicable hotel price for the use of his/her room and any other services received. The same applies to services requested by the customer and expenses paid by the Hotel to third parties.
Prices are quoted in CHF and are per room and per night, including free Wi-Fi, services and VAT. Tourist tax per person per night is not included.
Reserved rooms are available to the customer from 3pm on the agreed day of arrival. The customer is not entitled to early occupancy of the room.
On the agreed day of departure, rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel by 11:00 at the latest. In the event of late departure, the hotel may charge 50% of the total price of the accommodation (current price) up to 2.00 p.m. and 100% from 2.00 p.m. in return for use beyond the agreed time.
The hotel's invoices without indication of a due date are payable within 10 days of receipt. The hotel is entitled to demand payment of outstanding debts at any time and to demand immediate payment.
The Hotel shall be entitled to demand a reasonable deposit or security at the time the contract is concluded or at a later date. The amount of the deposit and the date of payment will be indicated in the offer.
If the guest is domiciled abroad, the hotel reserves the right to debit the full amount of the invoice to the credit card presented as security. Any bank charges and exchange rate differences shall be borne by the customer.
The Client may only offset a claim against the Hotel against an undisputed or legally valid claim.
Individual bookings are usually final once the hotel's offer has been accepted. In the event of cancellation at the last minute after expiry of the cancellation period, one night may be charged at 100%.
Cancellation conditions may vary depending on the hotel and the offer. Some prices are subject to specific conditions that exclude cancellation. Unless otherwise stated, the following conditions apply to individual bookings:
Fully Flexible Rate
- Cancellation up to 1 day before arrival (up to 3 p.m. the day before): no fees
- Cancellation after 3pm on the day before arrival: price of one night's accommodation
- Cancellation during your stay (several nights): price of an additional night
- Reservation cannot be cancelled or modified
- Reservation cannot be cancelled or modified
- Cancellation up to 14 days before arrival: no fees
- Cancellation after the deadline: full stay charged
- Cancellation during stay (several nights): price of remaining nights charged
Cancellation conditions for group bookings vary according to the size of the group and are agreed on a case-by-case basis.
In the absence of specific cancellation conditions, the following rules apply:
- Cancellation up to 30 days before arrival: no fees
- Cancellation between 29 and 15 days before arrival: 50% of total amount
- Cancellation between 14 and 4 days prior to arrival: 80% of total amount
- Cancellation between 3 and 0 days prior to arrival: 100% of total amount
If the Guest has the right to cancel his/her reservation free of charge pursuant to Section 6 above or pursuant to another specific agreement, the Hotel shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract within this period if other guests request the contractually reserved rooms and the Guest does not waive his/her right to cancel free of charge at the request of the Hotel .
If the guest has not paid the agreed deposit, even after the expiry of a reasonable grace period granted by the hotel, the hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract.
In addition, the hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract for objectively justified reasons, for example in the following cases:
- in the event of force majeure or other circumstances beyond the hotel's control that make it impossible to perform the contract
- if the room has been booked on the basis of essential information that is misleading or inaccurate, for example with regard to the person of the guest or the use of the room
- if the hotel has serious reasons to believe that the use of its services could affect the smooth running of the hotel, present safety risks or damage its reputation, without this being within its area of responsibility or organisation
- in the event of non-compliance with point 5 above
In the event of authorised withdrawal from the hotel, the guest is not entitled to any compensation.
If a reservation is made through a travel agency, the general terms and conditions of that agency apply.
On request, a cot can be provided free of charge for children under 2 years of age.
The guest is obliged to use the hotel room with the utmost care. The guest or the company is liable for any damage caused.
The hotel accepts no liability for theft, etc. or for the services of third parties. The hotel is only liable for direct damage of a contractual or extra-contractual nature resulting from an intentional act or gross negligence. All other liability is excluded.
Other provisions and booking conditions may apply and take precedence over these GTC. Changes and additions to an accepted offer or to these GTC must be made in writing. Changes and additions made unilaterally by the customer are not valid.
The place of performance and payment is the Hotel's registered office.
Swiss law is applicable and the place of jurisdiction is Switzerland.
The invalidity of any provision of these GTC shall not affect the validity of the other provisions. All other matters are governed by the applicable legal provisions.
All bookings are guaranteed by a valid credit card (number and expiry date).
Fully Flexible Rate
- Payment for one night 1 day before arrival.
- Payment for the entire stay at the time of booking.
- Full payment at time of booking
- Full payment 14 days before arrival
Tourist tax and car park must be paid in cash on arrival.
- Payment by credit card: 3% surcharge on the total amount of the invoice applied
- Payment by bank transfer from abroad: Surcharge of CHF. 20.- on the total amount of the invoice.
- 1st deposit of 10% of the invoice amount to be paid at the time of booking
- 2nd deposit of 50% of the invoice amount to be paid 30 days before arrival
- The balance of the invoice must be paid 10 days before arrival.